Reading is really important when studying. Think, for example, about how many hours you spend in front of a book.
You should think about reading not only as a basic study tool, but also as a source of fun and entertainment, something that can help you have a good time.
For example, reading lets you: choose and select from among many subjects like adventure, mystery, crime, etc. It can help you imagine and create many situations described in books, even making you a character in the story.
► Reading constraints.
– Vision: you need to first ask yourself if you need glasses, and if you wear them, you need to determine if you’re using the right graduation.
Specialists recommend having a yearly checkup, but there are also other signs that make sight problems obvious. For example, check to see if you see blurry letters, if you blink too much, if your eyelids get swollen, if you get frequent headaches or if you have trouble concentrating.
– Eye fatigue: it happens when you’ve been reading for too long, and so your performance obviously worsens. To fight it, you can do one of these things:
– Look through a window and into the distance.
– Blink frequently for a while.
– Wet your eyes with fresh water or a chamomile infusion.
– Have enough intensity
– Natural light is better
– If it’s artificial, it has to be indirect and blue
– It should come from the opposite side of the hand you use to write
– Avoid reflections
– Avoid shadows
– Text position: The book must be inclined and not laid flat on a desk. Use a lectern for this. Keep in mind that the text shouldn’t move, so you shouldn’t be reading in a car, on a bus or a train, etc.
– Distance of the text: It shouldn’t be too far away or too close. It should be between 25 and 35 cm. It has to be at just the right distance for you to feel comfortable reading.
– Body position: It’s important for concentration and to avoid fatigue, without forgetting the problems that can be caused to the spine. It should be a comfortable position, but not so comfortable that makes you sleepy. The spine should be straight and so too should the head.
– Type of letters and paper: The most appropriate letter size is medium. The type should be clear. The paper shouldn’t be shiny. Black type on white paper is the one that best catches the eye.